21 October 2009

Reality TV...UGH!!!

I don't watch a lot of "primetime" tv on ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX; particularly the "reality" shows. Call me old fashioned but I prefer a scripted show with a plot...you know, like 'CSI' or 'The Mentalist' but the "reality" shows just annoy the hell out of me. I guess the reason they annoy me so much is because I just really don't care if someone can sing, dance, survive or any of the other banal topics on reality shows on these networks. Now, let me say this to you, I like a lot of the shows on Discover, History and Food Network; mainly, I think, because I find them to be topical, educational and interesting.

Last night, however, one certain network that airs one certain "dancing" reality show's synopsis read, "Dancers perform with three songs by Michael Jackson, each song from different stages in his career as a tribute.", or some crap like that. When I read it, I wanted to throw the remote at the tv. If you can't seem to figure out why I became so upset at yet another tribute to a child molester, let me say it here LOUD and CLEAR...this episode was yet another tribute to a CHILD MOLESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not perform a tribute dance to the soldiers that died the same day Jackson died? How about a tribute to Ed McMahon or Farrah Fawcett who also died in that timeframe? We have real-life heroes fighting for us in Iraq and Afghanistan but the only thing these Hollyweird morons can do is pay tribute to a sick, twisted individual who, despite having incredible talent, became even more sick and twisted by "allegedly" molesting young boys!!! I mean, COME ON!!! At BEST, Michael Jackson was an ENTERTAINER!!! He was not a diplomat or head-of-state, hell, he barely registered as human if you ask me!

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!! Focus on what is IMPORTANT, like health care reform, the crumbling economy, the falling value of the dollar, and ohhhh, gee, yeah, there are those two pesky little things called IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN!!!! STOP CELEBRATING THE IDIOT MORON AND FOCUS ON BEING PRODUCTIVE!!!! ...and the beat goes on. America is getting dumber and dumber and I weep for the future, but hey, we can always trot out MJ and pay homage to him to boost our ratings!! We can stage a massive public funeral and not even have to pay for it...let the city of L.A. pay for it.

I wish I could say, "Okay, rant over" but it's not over. Maybe we could make our own reality tv show titled, "Too Stupid To Live", we can provide cheap entertainment to the slack-jawed mouth breathing reality tv suckers and chlorinate the gene pool at the same time...good idea, don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment