02 December 2009

We need to get God back in America...

AM NOT ASHAMED! Let's see how many people on FB are not ashamed to show their love for God and admit that Jesus is their Savior. We need to get God back in America. If you're not ashamed, copy and paste this in your status! I am thankful for God in my life!

I have seen this statement on the status update on some of my friends’ Facebook pages and it started me to wondering something…why do we need to “…get God back in America.”? I was born and raised Catholic and throughout my lifetime it has been preached to me that God is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent (All Knowing, All Seeing and All Powerful). Is this no longer true for America? Has God abandoned the good ole USA?

I posed that question to a friend of mine who responded to me that I was missing the point; the statement was meant to remind people to keep God in their hearts. So, I asked, if that is true then why add the statement, “We need to get God back in America.”? I never got a response from my friend.

So, I am posing this question to you, my readers; if God is truly omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent, why do we need to get Him back in America? Why would one need to “get God back in America” if one simply needs to remember to keep God in one’s heart?

America is supposed to be the land of the FREE. That means each individual can either accept or reject God. It means the Hindu in America can worship Grishnu, the Muslim in America can worship Allah, the Wiccan can worship the Goddess, the Christian can worship God, the Moron…oops, sorry, I meant Mormon, can adhere to their cult leader’s teachings…OR…an individual can just not believe in God or any other deity. Evidently that is not what the original writer of that Facebook statement meant. I think that statement means the originator wants EVERYONE in America to believe in God and only God.

After all, I am sure you’ve all heard this classic Ann Coulter quote concerning Muslim countries, “We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.”, or this other classic quote concerning “college liberals”, “When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors.”

You want to know something, folks? There is an organization out there that wants us all to accept one God and only one God; they want us all to live under their laws or die. You know them; we’re fighting them in Afghanistan and Iraq right now as we speak. Yes people, it is true, Al Qaida (and their close ally, the Taliban) want nothing more than to impose Sharia Law on the entire world and make EVERYONE a Muslim and kill the ones who don’t convert. Wow, that sounds to me a lot like Ms. Coulter’s ranting and, not coincidentally, the original Facebook statement at the beginning of this article.

And THAT, my friends, is exactly why I don’t trust any religion and I don’t trust anyone who publicly proclaims their religion is better than anyone else’s. To me, Christians and Muslims are a lot alike; except that modern Christians won’t kill to further their agenda…unless, of course, you are Ann Coulter.

No comments:

Post a Comment